Thursday, September 10, 2009

So relaxed today.

This is a cool story. True story:)

Early this afternoon, I was standing in the kitchen while Luke, Owen and Elijah were busy playing. I had this overwhelming feeling of peace. I was standing there noticing how relaxed and chilled out I was feeling. I was literally standing there thinking about how happy I am and where my life is right now. I honestly had this feeling almost like I was on some sort of sedative or something. I thought about posting a status message about feeling so happy and chilled out...but couldn't really think of a way to put it without it sounding complete mushy. I stood there trying to figure out what it was about this day that was making me feel so calm...I thought it could be the weather, it could be E and J in school, it could be the smoothie I had for breakfast. I seriously stood there thinking of all of the possible reasons that I could be feeling so good. I even went from there thinking (in my typical negative side)...could this be the 'calm before the storm' and should I be preparing myself for something bad to happen any second? I didn't post anything but continued on with my afternoon at home with the boys...really just enjoying them.

Just a few minutes ago, I received a phone call from Dona Lynn who had some questions for me...but the first thing she said was "Did you see us outside your house today?". I said "No, who was outside my house?" She continued to tell me that on their weekly prayer walk, her and Papa and Mark had walked up to the Parsonage and stopped outside of the house to pray for us and our family and the ministry that happens here in this house. They stood outside my house and prayed for us for about 20 minutes.

In discussing the timing of their walk, and my drug like feeling :) ..it was clear that it was the same time. Actually, we didn't even really have to figure out the timing because even without doing that it was clear as to why I had an overwhelming feeling of peacefulness this afternoon!

Not that this type of thing is a surprise to me, because I am certain that these things are happening constantly and most of the time we don't even notice...but it sure is nice to have such clear reminders as to what prayer can do!

....so from now on, I think I should recommend a daily prayer walk around the Parsonage!!!

7 comments:

Molly is Fast said...

this IS very cool.

go with the feeling.

and just...BE.

Sharon said...

So awesome!!!!

Amy said...

Goosebumps...followed by tears. We serve an amazing God!!! What a great reminder to sit and pray for our friends!

Heather C said...

How very cool is our God! I love it! Thanks for sharing. I agree with Amy... we should all spend more time in prayer for our friends... specifically. :)

Diana Shane said...

Completely awesome!

Anonymous said...

Thank God for people who really know hoq to pray!

Angela said...

That is so awesome Kristin. Thanks for sharing, it brought tears to my eyes.