Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Shark (product review)



My mom called me up a few days ago and told me that I needed to sweep my floors because she was on her way over with a new mop that she just bought called the Shark. I know this may not be new to many, but it is new to me and I have to say that, after using the Shark, I most definitely shared my moms enthusiasm for this product!

In looking at the Shark website, there are many products. My mom has the "steam pocket mop" (that is shown in the link above)...but my mom said she got it at Walmart for $99.

The things I loved about this mop...
1. The durable, reusable/washable mop pads...as compared to having to buy them for my swiffer.

2. The fact that it only uses water and no chemical cleaning products..not that I'm a super freak about the chemical thing, but again, it's just something that you don't need to continue to buy.

3. It steams as you push the mop. The handle has a pump type action. (ie: the kids can mop and not spray an excessive amount of cleaning product all over the floor)

4. Because it uses steam it dries almost instantly! (again..very helpful with a house full of kids!)

5. It really does do a great job. It cleaned the floors very nicely.

6. It isn't any bigger than my swiffer.

You do have to plug it in and deal with the power cord...but I suppose this is no different than vacuuming. It also does get very hot. I had to refill the water 3 times to wash the entire downstairs of my house, but that process is quick and easy.

Overall..I think it is GREAT! I plan to borrow this from mom on a regular basis!

3 comments:

dres.in.cole.col.ni said...

I've almost bought the mop 16 times. Now I will

Angela said...

I love product reviews! I have the bissell version and it kills my arm every time I use it. Ended up going back to an old string mop. Guess I should've bought the shark!

Kann said...

Funny I borrow my mom's... and I guess I had it too long.. my Dad bought her another one.. so now I own one!