Monday, August 4, 2008

Soulfest pictures!

We had a wonderful time at Soulfest! This year we had an amazing campsite that was very close to the stages. It made our lives a bit easier with less walking and we were able to go back to our site for dinner instead of buying it from all the super expensive vendors on the mountain. When it wasn't raining the weather was PERFECT! It wasn't overly hot. It was so comfortable. We had two monsoons that made things a bit difficult at times...but overall it was really really good.

The kids had a great time with the teenagers...Jessalyn thought she was one for the week and we got to hang out with our friends. We saw lots of awesome concerts....Toby Mac, Barlow Girl, Flyleaf, Jars of Clay....and MANY more. My favorite by far was Toby Mac..it always is. His drummer is my hero:)

The kids did awesome. They love camping. I was sure that Owen would take a dive into the pond that we were camping right next to..but he never even went near it. It turned out to not be a problem at all. Of course, everyone was on guard just in case! The kids and Josh did go swimming in the pond..but I didn't have my camera that day (silly me..left without it!) but I'm sure there will be pics eventually on Karole-Ann's blog.

I suppose I will just leave you with eleventy billion pics of our time there. I have something like 180 total...so I will try to pick and choose!





It was raining pretty hard at this point..





Owen didn't want to stay under and umbrella. He had a great time getting wet. He thought the tarps were a ginormous slip and slide.



This is me..doing what I LOVE to do. Holding a six week old baby. Holding a newborn is the most natural feeling for me. I could do it all day long.



Sleepy Owen.









He's about to fall asleep.



Sleeping..two seconds after



More sleeping kids. They really didn't sleep the whole time.







Sara!



See. Jessalyn thinks she's a teenager!







Papa, Deb and Kate..



JB and Katie..



Heath and Karole-Ann



The grill master.





Another grill master..



Jessalyn's favorite person..Kate.



Our campsite at dinner time..







He's so big!









Jessalyn on Lacy's shoulders up close at the Barlow Girl concert.



Luke and Owen sleeping during the Flyleaf concert....not sure how you could have slept through the Flyleaf concert.



Ethan thought he should sleep through that one too..on Melissa.



Loving the firepit.



Luke and Owen...looking a whole lot alike these days!



Ok, so when I say alot of pictures I guess I meant ALOT of pictures! I couldn't help it!

2 comments:

Nate, Megan, Naomi and Levi said...

Looks like a lot of fun!!! It reminds me of the years Nate and I have gone out to the Cornerstone Festival in Illinois.

Kann said...

Ok so the picture of me..... kinda a crazy one! I love the ones of your boys in their hats though!