Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I can't believe it has been a year already.



I just went back to last years post about Luke's birthday. Looking at the pictures of his 3rd birthday party made it seem like it was just yesterday! Funny though...that his 3rd birthday party pictures look much like his 4th birthday party pictures!

We had a nice little party on Sunday and celebrated with the usual crowd of people. We celebrated both Jessalyn and Luke's birthdays together with the fam...Nana, Granny, Papa, Great Nana, Shara, Kirsten, Jake, Paul and Dona-Lynn. It was a nice time and Luke was very happy. He opened many gifts and loved every single one of them! It was sweet because when he opened his Optimus Prime toy I told him that it was from Jake and Shara and he was confused and said "but I want one of my own". He thought I meant that it was FOR Jake and Shara:) He opened another light saber (the green one, as requested), a new Leapster game (Star Wars), three Lego sets (Star Wars), a new board game (Star Wars). Seeing a pattern here?







I would say that at age four Luke is most definitely into Star Wars above anything else, although he loves any type of super hero character. This summer he mastered riding his bike without training wheels. He looks so little. He is starting to ride standing up and giving his mother even more gray hair.

He's still just as competitive as ever. If he loses, watch out! If he wants the ball..he's gonna get the ball. He is intense. We try to embrace his intensity..instead of trying to change it. We believe that if we can continue to 'channel' his personality in the right direction that he will be an amazing man one day.



He's the one that will try anything. He definitely likes to go to the extreme with everything he does. He is will to try mostly any food as well. He LOVES spicy stuff. His first question about anything is "is it spicy?" and he is hoping that it is. We have yet to find a chip that is too spicy. He loves his "spicy gum". His newest favorite thing is to get banana peppers from Subway. He loves them.



We have learned that no matter how mad he is if you say the word "wedgie" it makes him laugh. He can't not laugh when you say it. He thinks its even funnier when Daddy says it. He is totally 'boy'...I am forever telling him not to make himself burp at the table and thinks its hilarious when he 'toots'. He has figured out how to snap his fingers, crack his knuckles and wipe his own butt! (life lessons:)

One of his favorite things to do is to walk up to you and say "Ya know what?" waits for you to answer with "what?" and then he says "Nuffin." (giggle giggle giggle). Its even gone as far as he says "ya know what? I'm not gonna say 'nuffin'." waits for the "what?" and then finishes with "nuffin". Its too cute!

Luke and I have been enjoying our afternoon's together while J and E are in school and while Owen naps. I have learned some things about him that I didn't know. He doesn't like to be alone. If I go upstairs, he goes upstairs. If I go to the kitchen, he goes to the kitchen..and so on. He likes to be right with me the whole time. I suppose this makes sense, since his entire life has involved siblings by his side.

I can't believe he is 4!
Happy Birthday Lukie!!

4 comments:

Becky said...

oh my goodness, how time flies huh?!

He was so cute the other day when I came pick Hailey up. The first thing he says to me is, "Guess what?". I said "what?". He says "Watch me ride my bike!". I was amazed that he could do it without training wheels. He was so proud :)

Happy Birthday Luke!!!!

Kann said...

I'm sorry that we missed the Happy Birthday yesterday! We thought of you guys but Sam is sick... again but this time not his asthma! Oh well! I hope Luke had a great birthday! I can't believe he and A are 4! It's seems like just the other day we were thinking Luke was never coming out!

Kann said...

Ok so I meant Monday! Sorry My week is all thrown off!!!

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday Luke!