Friday, July 3, 2009

Sunsets

It amazes me how quickly the "perfect" picture of a sunset disappears. Josh and I were driving back from Tilton (through Laconia) tonight and noticed that the sun was peaking through the clouds over the lake 'just right'. I happened to have my camera with me in the van, so he pulled over as quickly as he could so that I could jump out and get a picture (he's such a good guy!). By the time I got out and crossed the street to get in a good position to get a picture, the 'just right' scene had come and gone. The pictures I did manage to get still show the beauty of the evening, but I promise...30 seconds before this was taken it looked even better!


..and since I had put in the effort to get out of the van and cross the road to take a picture, I figured I would try to get a bit creative while I was there (which was all of, maybe, one minute). This was just about all of the creativity I could muster at that moment...hahaha. A close-up silhouette'ish shot of these half dead flowers on the side of the railroad tracks:)

2 comments:

Micah said...

'just happened to have your camera'? Like that ever doesn't happen :)

Buffie said...

This is fabulous! I love your work, K.
Beth