Wednesday, March 9, 2011

"One wedding, 4 rehearsal dinners"

This was pretty much the first thing Josh said after finding out that baby #5 is another boy! Of course, I'm sure he was feeling grateful for another healthy baby as well, but as a man and the provider for this family, he can't help but think logistically like this! It's true though.

I was not one bit surprised to see those 'boy parts' on the ultra sound. Had this baby been a girl I would have been HUGELY surprised. There was a part of me that was hoping for a girl ONLY because of how much Jessalyn wanted a sister. I would have loved to see her squeal, or more likely scream in delight...instead we saw her scream the words "NOOOOOOO". But, in all honesty, she has a GREAT attitude about it.

I know that she was praying daily for this baby to be a girl but I also know that she understands that God has a plan for us as a family and for her specifically and that she does trust in His plan. After her initial tantrum...that was immediately followed by big smiles and the relief of having another healthy sibling...she has come to terms with the fact that she is just gonna have to deal with being the only girl.

She knows that this is actually a great benefit to her. She knew this all along. She has always gotten privileges that the boys don't get..like her own room. We have stressed even more the fact that she really is our "miracle girl"...because honestly, looking at our pattern, it seems crazy that we have her at all! Josh and I have told her over and over that WE are glad that she gets to be our only girl and that she and I have to stick together being the only girls in the house. She is good with this. She even says that having brothers is really cool.

I am relieved to know that everything, as far as we can tell, looks normal and that he cooperated enough to give us a clear view of his gender. I am excited to add another crazy boy to this family! I can say this..he's gonna have to be a tough little guy to survive the antics of his big brothers! I have a feeling he's going to learn things quickly and strive to keep up with the big boys as much as possible. It will be an interesting adventure for sure!

1 comments:

Kann said...

Josh's reaction makes me laugh! Tell Jessalyn just think of it as she will be the only girl in the band (which has great benefits!)