Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The ring thing.

Ethan was recently asked to be the ring bearer in my BIL's wedding! I honestly thought he would be super excited about it from the beginning...but to my surprise, he was a bit nervous at the idea. We talked about it for a while and I was close to calling Joel to tell him that it might not work. (I definitely wouldn't want him to make a scene at the wedding).

...that was until my super mother powers set in. I can't believe it took me as long as it did but I suddenly remembered my power of bribery and I knew EXACTLY what it would take to bribe him into the situation.

WEBKINZ

Yes. I talked about Webkinz in this post and the phase is still here. Each kid has a couple of them and they certainly are treasured items. I told Ethan that if he was willing, sweet and happy and cooperative during the wedding that he would be able to pick out any webkin he wants. It was instant happiness.

He starts running around the house proclaiming that if he does "The ring thing" then he will get to pick a webkin. He has his eye on the webkinz tiger snake. We'll see.

The coolest part about Ethan being the Ring Bearer in Joel's wedding is that Joel was the Ring Bearer in our wedding ten years ago! In fact...I just so happen to have some pictures of that. (These are pictures of pictures because I don't have a scanner).





This is Joel and Micah.



I think it will be really neat to have Ethan be in Joel's wedding.

On a side note. The ten day forecast is looking pretty good for Soulfest!! As of right now NO rain at all on Thursday and Friday. Rain at the Soulfest is not fun.

2 comments:

Kann said...

That's so awesome! I am excited for him! Did they get a photographer do you know? Just curious!

Amy said...

The post didn't disappear! ;)

How sweet! Both my boys will be ring bearers in three weeks...oh, and Peyton will be the flower girl...I can already see the bribery working in my head...

Very cool!