Monday, July 21, 2008

VBS, VBS, WOF, SF, PIMK....

I'm in an abbreviation mood. Actually, I wasn't aware that there was such thing as an "abbreviation mood" until just now..but then I realized that all of the things I am doing lately tend to become abbreviated.

Starting with VBS. Our church hosted VBS last week. Five nights of Power Lab fun. My kids loved it and have most definitely gone home with some very catchy phrases that have been helping us in every day life...

"Jesus gives us the power to be brave" happens to be one of the most used..probably along side of "Jesus gives us the power to help others". Oh, and don't forget the "AHA!!!!" part at the end. Even Owen has that down! The kids really took to heart the things that they learned that week. It was a wonderful week!

As the week came to an end Jessalyn proclaimed "I wish VBS lasted all summer"...to which I responded "Ha ha. You should go tell Cindy that". As much as all of the leaders would love to see it last all summer, I'm not sure that anyone in their right might has the endurance for that kind of venture. Jessalyn's second idea was to have a February Vacation Bible School. Not a bad idea really..although I told her that she could go ahead and start planning it. (Funny. Next thing I know she's gonna be hosting a pre-registration or something!)

So anyway. Because of the kids enthusiasm about VBS last week and because a dear friend mentioned the one happening at her church (right down the street) we went ahead and joined another VBS that started this morning at the Baptist Church. Jessalyn and Ethan were right into it..had no problems at all and left having had a wonderful time. Luke was a bit more difficult and had some separation issues. Regardless, it was fun and Jessalyn and Ethan will likely be back tomorrow..and the next day. We are official "VBS Hoppers".

The next abbreviation stands for something that I am starting to get really really excited about. It wasn't something that I signed myself up for...in fact, someone else signed up for me. The Women of Faith Conference is in Boston this weekend..and I get to go!! I am leaving my kids (and husband) for TWO whole days...its gonna be so weird. We leave early early (early early early) Friday morning and will be back on Saturday evening at some point. Apparently, since someone else signed me up, it appears that I need more faith:) (kidding of course)

The fact that I am going to Women of Faith means that I am going to be missing my weekly (next abbreviation) PIMK. "Pulpit in my Kitchen". I can't really describe this and do it justice..but I'll do my best. Pulpit in my Kitchen is a book that was written for wives/mothers. A group of ladies (the mentors) got together and made this into a study for a group of about 10/12 women. Some are married, some have kids, some don't have kids, some aren't married...just a mish mosh off different personalities and situations. Its an amazing group of friends that I look forward to meeting with each week. We are served an incredible lunch, have a study of the book, do different crafty things (sewing, cross stitching..cooking). There are many aspects to this gathering that I can't explain..its one of those "you have to be there" type deals. This is the second group of this kind that I have had the pleasure to be involved in..the other was called "Apples of Gold". I am sad that this week I will miss our gathering..but I'm afraid I will be having my own kind of fun with a different group of ladies at the WOF Conference.

And last but not least...SF. What is SF?? The SOULFEST of course!!! This is coming up two weekends from now. Its our four day camping trip..with all the kids...watching concerts all day long...SO FUN! We are bringing a group of youth group kids and are camping with Shawn and his youth group. Karen and I have to get together soon and talk food..and then get to BJ's. Karole-Ann...any chance you can get over here early???? We've never done this without you!! Heath and Karole-Ann will be camping with us too so we are just super excited.

In the meantime we've been having a great time enjoying summer. We've had lots of outings with friends. Lots of dinners, movies...bbq's.

This is totally random..but is anyone else watching "Wipeout"? Oh my goodness. We are having a blast watching this show. SO funny.

I figured I couldn't post a post here without pictures..so I just looked to see what I had for recent pictures and I had to laugh. These were the only two pictures I had on my camera...

This is Aaron. We had dessert the other night..chocolate pound cake (made by Kirsten). Aaron decided that it wasn't quite what he had in mind..so he added some hot fudge, coolwhip, and a left over chicken wing...(he's gonna love me for posting these pictures...ha ha ha)





He claims that it was delicious.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool.. I didn't know you were going to WF. You should Of said something. Remember us talking about all of us going. Cause my church was promoting it too. I just wanted to go with some people I really knew. Who are you going with? Have fun!! Miss you at PIMK!!

Kann said...

Bjs for soul fest!! That would be worth the trip! I always like spending someone else's money!! I am sooo ready for soul fest!!! Cant wait! Have fun this weekend!

Anonymous said...

We just finished Power Lab too! I was the science teacher, it was hard to tell who had more fun the kids or I. However, I was glad to see it end as I'm exhausted!! :) Even Sarah got into it.

Amy said...

Dr. Gizmo? We just had Power Lab too! Must be the theme this year! Have a great time at the women of faith concert! Enjoy your time away...can I come?

I can't wait to hear about SoulFest...I remember you going when we were pregnant with Luke and Peyton...how fun!
Enjoy~

Anonymous said...

We did Power Lab at our church too and Sara got to go to her first VBS and she loved it!

Kathy

Nate, Megan, Naomi and Levi said...

Have fun at Women of Faith! I have been a couple of times and it's really neat to be together with so many Christian women at one time!

MoMologette said...

Elise did Power Lab at VBS too...it was her first time as well. We LOVE the CD of songs!Kinda cool that kids all over the US are learning the same stuff and getting fired up!! I'm especially jealous about Soulfest...one of these years...maybe....