Monday, September 8, 2008

Football season already?

Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE the fall. I love almost everything about it..the weather, leaves changing, pumpkins, routines...everything. The only thing that I dislike about fall is that it means that winter is coming soon and my feelings for the winter are the exact opposite of my feelings for fall!

Another thing that I love about fall is the start of football season. After busy summers it is so nice for us all to plan our Sunday afternoons around the idea of watching the Pats play...and doing that with all of our friends. Its the only time of the year that we force ourselves to be lazy.

So yesterday was opening day. As usual Shawn and Karen opened up their home to all of us...and Karen made an amazing meal. We don't always watch the game at the Haskins house...but it seems that no matter where they live they have the best set up for large groups. I mean really...how can it get much better than this...



...there isn't quite enough room for all of us in either one of the living room spaces so they set it up so that both rooms would have ideal view of the tv's. Its even better if you happen to to get the perfect seat that allows optimum viewing of both tv's at the same time! (...and there isn't a delay this time!)

It was a great start to the football season with lots of friends...even though we were missing a few.







The newlyweds..Ben and Sarah...


Also...the fall season brings a new year of Sunday School! There are many changes from my family's perspective. Luke got to move up to the next class..with Ethan..and he's super excited. Jessalyn wasn't as excited because a couple of her good friends moved into the next class (because of grade level)..but she ended up having a great time. Josh and I are excited because we get to teach the Jr. and Sr. High class! We only get one night a week to spend with the teenagers. We honestly wish we could spend more time with them but between the schedules of Josh, me and the kids...and the teenagers themselves, it just doesn't happen. We are super excited to have this extra time to spend with them in a more in depth type of study situation. Who knows how it will go really...we are going to try to make it fun. So far we have bribed them with doughnuts, candy and let them watch a scene from Superman (which actually did tie in with what we were learning!). We ended up having a good discussion that had to be cut short because of time...I think this is a good thing!

I am looking forward to next week...with my bag of candy!

0 comments: