Monday, April 20, 2009

A baby dedication.

This weekend, I had the opportunity to be a part of the sweetest baby dedication. Not only was the ceremony sweet but even sweeter was the little baby and his entire family! I have been able to snuggle with baby Asher on other occasions and today he proved, once again, just how happy he is! He has the most loving big brothers who glow with pride for their little baby brother!

The ceremony seemed special because of its intimacy. It was a small gathering of family and friends and it was clear that Asher and his entire family hold a special place in many hearts. I was glad to be able to be a part of it!

Here are a few of my favorites from the day.

This is proud big brother Quinlan (although, I'm not entirely sure that I am spelling his name correctly!).
This is another proud big brother Zeke!

And this is Asher!!


The Pastor did a lovely dedication. My favorite part was when he held little Asher and just talked to him. Asher was completely engaged in this conversation.

I just love Quinlan's expression in this one!

Both brothers looking on.

Asher and Mommy.



Seriously...babies don't come much cuter than this!!

The fam:) (not the greatest as far as exposure goes..but at least Zeke is looking at the camera!)

(And for the record, I did a little editing on some of them in the area of exposure and cropping...but I didn't have to touch the eyes in any one of them!)

Edited to add the following picture because I meant to put it in here and realized that its not there!! I love this one of Quinlan!

7 comments:

Amy said...

Kristin...THOSE ARE GORGEOUS PICTURES!!! The best yet I've seen from you..and you've got some good ones too!

I'd be very happy to receive these as a gift! Nicely done!!

Kristin said...

Thanks Amy! Seriously though, these kids are gorgeous so they made it pretty easy for me!!!

MoMologette said...

I love these Kristin! That first one of Asher is gorgeous!! What lens are you using? I'm a little jealous of the crispness you seem to get with your Nikon. I like my Canon...but more and more...I sometimes wish I'd gone the "other" way.

Kristin said...

Thanks Nicole. I am just using the lens that came with the D40. Its an 18-55mm. And actually, we were inside when we took the pics of Asher on the white blanket so I had the camera set on ISO 800. I was happy to not have to edit them at all. Besides the cropping of the second one they are both straight out of the camera images using light from a window.

Anonymous said...

Kristin,

Judy provided a link to your blog, so those of us from far away could see Asher's Dedication. Thanks so much for posting them! We sure miss them, and your FABULOUS photos make it feel like we were almost there.

The McBride Family, Mesa, AZ

Anonymous said...

He is a total cutie - great shots of that precious baby boy.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Kristen,
As the blessed recipient of your photography talent....thank you! Your photos will help us relive that wonderful day over and over!
Thank you and God Bless!
Judy