Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The moon!

Owen has finally noticed the moon. I'm sure that all kids are fascinated by it..but I just love how much my kids love it. My aunt Susie (who passed away just over a year ago) LOVED the moon. I remember being dragged out of bed in the middle of the night in my jammas and brought outside in the cold so that I could see the moon if it looked beautiful that night. If I wasn't at Susie's house...she would call me and make sure that I went outside to look at it. I always notice the moon when it is big and bright and full...and it will ALWAYS make me think of Susie. Owen was home with Melissa while the rest of us were at the Passover Seder at Church and when I came home he came out on the porch to tell me ALL about the moon! He was very excited. I went inside and grabbed the camera..not sure what type of photo I could get, but I was determined to try! The moon wasn't particulary big or full this night..but Owen noticed it anyway. I can't wait unil the summer when it gets huge and full and red...and is right above the lake!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a nice memory - Luke notices the moon in the morning when we are leaving for daycare, and also during the day he always has to point it out for me!

Kathy