Friday, November 27, 2009

Oh boy.

I thought I was good. I thought sure I was done. I was certain that I would get my "baby fixes" by holding other babies...and then be perfectly happy to send them packin' with their parents.

That was until him.

Oh my goodness. This little three month old hunk of love is my cousin's little guy, Julian. He has to be one of the sweetest babies that I've snuggled with ever!

Poor little Julian was having a bit of a rough afternoon of certain over-stimulation, but both his mom and dad were so patient and calm with him and after a couple of hours of fussiness, they were able to sooth him back to, what I am told is, his normal self. The problem is, even when he was screaming his little face off (which was really only for a moment) I STILL felt like I wanted another one.

This is not supposed to happen!!

To make matters worse....my lovely husband, who is not usually all googly for other people's babies, leaned over to me while Julian was fussing and said "I want to hold that baby". He doesn't do that usually. I was able to snuggle with Julian after his mom calmed him down..and then Josh wanted him. I reluctantly gave him over, with the warning that if Josh didn't stand up, the baby would cry...which was what I was hoping, so that he would quickly hand him back to me.

Josh took him...and proceeded to make him belly laugh for about 15 minutes straight. It was quite entertaining for everyone.

Snuggling with Julian was a perfect end to what had already been a wonderful Thanksgiving day!

I mean really...how can you not want more of these?? (photo of Julian and his dad)


Life doesn't get much better than this!!
(picture taken by my cousin, once removed or something like that:), Melissa!)

5 comments:

Micah said...

Yep...You look like you need another one...

Kann said...

We have the same problem with our new little friend Lincoln! UGGHH! Good thing we have on thing in common! LOL!

Angela said...

That is one GORGEOUS baby! Maybe you should have another... to borrow an expression from the Duggars, "when the Lord decides, He also provides!" (Or something like that)Easy for me to say, huh;-)

Anonymous said...

Hey mom i'm a new follower of your blog . YOU like Julian better then ME!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful blog. He is a beauty!