Friday, November 13, 2009

Red Sky

I have an informant. A few weeks ago, my informant called to notify me of an absolutely beautiful full moon and tonight, my informant called to let me know of a beautiful bright red sky. I missed the opportunity for pictures of the full moon, and knew that I would kick myself for missing another great photo opportunity....so this time I immediately yelled to the kids in the other room to get in the car. They were a little concerned...I think they thought the house was on fire or something as I was "shooing" them out the door without their shoes on. You see..I knew I only had moments before the sun would be gone and I knew I needed to drive to Waukewan to get the best view of this sky.

As I was driving there the entire sky was lit up in this shade of red, but by the time I had pulled over and got my camera settings where I wanted them it had already started to disappear. Still a beautiful scene though!

ISO 200
f10
SS 0.125 (1/8)
focal length 35mm (would have been wider but I only had my 35mm lens with me!)


ISO 400
f10
focal length 35mm

PS..my "informant" goes by the alias "Uncle Paulie".

2 comments:

Molly is Fast said...

kristin! this is intense and beautiful. nice shots.

Angela said...

Beautiful pics Kristin!