Friday, June 29, 2012

More blogging/Less facebook?

I really had considered taking a complete sabbatical from facebook for the summer, but honestly, I think I would really miss updates from my facebook friends:)  I do feel like I spend a lot of time posting all 142 pis that I took on any particular day...and my reasoning is so that I have them archived somewhere other than my computer.  It is handy to be able to look back by month on facebook and find albums of pics quickly and easily.  But...sometimes there are times when I feel like I'm just "throwing up" pics...rather than sharing things with the stories that come along with them.

So, I think I've come to the conclusion that I will not completely give up facebook for the summer but really focus on sharing pics on the blog...which is actually more time consuming in the long run, but yet a better way to journal along side of them.

Of course, this will likely mean a picture overload here on my blog:)

We are nearing the end of our first week of camp.  Sports and Music Camp has been awesome.  The kids and I have been happy to meet some new friends...and get reacquainted with some old ones!  This camp is growing by leaps and bounds...and I'm not talking about the campers!  The staff and their families are mulitplying quickly and there are a ton of little kids running around here.  It's great fun to watch and fun for the kids.  It seems that most of the kids are around the same age as Owen or younger and he has been loving life.

I have been bad about taking pics here on the campground but I hope to get some pics of the boys and their new friends soon!

In the meantime...here's a little glimpse of the last couple of days.

Truett enjoying the mud at the lake at the Bay.  I wasn't planning to let him play in the water...which is why he is not in a bathing suit...but he crawled his way right there and enjoyed eating leaves and playing in the mud.


I have had great fun getting to know Corey and Erica a little better.  We have very much enjoyed Corey's messages each evening.  I can't wait to get down to their area to visit and hear him preach some more.  Their kids are precious...well behaved and tons of fun.  Owen and Isaiah get along super well and just seemed to become instant buddies.  Actually...Owen and Adara have an equally as good time playing together.  Malachi is a sweet little guy too.

Isaiah


Malachi and Adara


The "break day" for the campers was spent at Ellacoya..which is a one of Winnipesaukee's beaches.

Jake and Emma..with the Mt. Wash in the background.


Truett was sleeping when we got there but was quite happy to wake up and find himself on the beach!




Owen's got a beachbody:)


Truett likes playing in the sand.


Don't poop on me!


Jake and Emma


Jessalyn and Liz


Happy Tru


Owen


Daddy is covering Truetts toes with sand....Tru thinks this is interesting.


A little football on the beach


Emma


Jessalyn and Liz worked on a sand castle


Emma found her way to the top of this sand mountain..she was quite proud




Emma decided to slide down the hill...into the hole.  Both Shara and I were a little concerned for a second, not knowing exactly how deep this hole was!  It ended up being ok:)


Luke


Ethan


There's Emma in the hole!


Don't poop on me.


Owen has had quite the growth spurt...and by that I mean growing tall.  These shorts fit him fine last summer...but this summer I think his waist has actually gotten smaller.  Poor guy..it was nothing but crack all day.  "N.O. on the coin slot buddy"


The boys decided to make Emma a "pool" in the hole.  She LOVED it....played in it for a long time.  It was messy.  She liked to drink this water too:)


A buried camper


Shara and Emma...and baby boy:)




Jessalyn and Liz's creation.


Some teens are great with kids:)


Love these two boys:)






The finished sand castle


Ok...now lets crush it!!









4 comments:

Kann said...

Yeah!! I live it when you blog... If I had Internet (I'm on my phone) then I would be blogging this week too! I'm right there with on the blog vs Facebook especially when I look st my blog book for last year vs years past!

Kann said...

Oops love not live

Wendy said...

What fun Kristen:-) You really do take the most beautiful pictures. So crystal clear and unrehearsed. Love it!

A said...

Love these pictures! Its looks like alot of fun. And I'm also obsessed with whatever lens you are using. Please tell me your secret ;-)