Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Spam camp (1st half)

It's Wednesday of our first week of many camps this summer.  Sports and Music Camp is nice and close to home which is handy.  Josh is leading the worship here this week as well as being a part of many of the camper activities.  I, on the other hand, don't have a single responsibility (outside of my own kids) and am really enjoying this time to majorly relax.

One of the many great things about camps in the summer is that all three meals are provided for our family..so I have ZERO cooking responsibilities.  Also, it seems that all of the camps we are involved in have great food!

My days so far this week have consisted of waking up, doing INSANITY (which I am LOVING), going to breakfast with the fam, coming back to our amazing lodging building and relaxing for a bit....LOTS of softball throwing/catching, football throwing/catching and basketball shooting:)  The weather has actually not been the greatest for the beginning of this week.  Lots of rain on Monday.  Tuesday wasn't as rainy but not sunny at all and not super warm.  Today is looking to be another day of cloudiness and chilly weather...but the rest of the week is looking warmer and sunnier.  Tomorrow is a beach day for sure.

I have enjoyed getting to know some of the wives and kids of the other SPAM camp staff.  My kids (especially Owen) have made lots of new friends here, as most of the other kids are under age 6!

Jessalyn has recently been interested in learning to pitch.  After a little studying on youtube we have a pretty basic idea of the "tricks of the trade" and she is eagerly pitching a gazillion pitches a day...with me as her catcher.  She is doing very well.  Her improvement from day one to day two has been significant, so we are eager to see how she improves if she continues to work on this.  I have a giant bruise on my shin to prove that her pitches are getting faster....and to prove that I'm not a great catcher:)

The boys have become friends with the speaker (Pastor Corey) who is an avid "free runner".  He has had fun teaching my boys some new moves as they are always trying to find new ways to make the playground unsafe!  Luke has blisters on his hands from all of his climbing and Ethan has been working on jumping everything in sight.

Truett is enjoying his time hanging out in the midst of everything else going on.  He's such an easy going guy and is good with being just about anywhere.  He's sleeping well even though he's cutting another tooth.  He's very close to walking and is getting a lot of practice in while we are here.

I have been a bad photographer and my camera has not even been taken out of the bag yet!  I will plan to do that today to try to get some pics of our time here.

After this week we will have a few days at home then we are off to the next camp!

Loving this summer already.  

0 comments: