Sunday, July 1, 2012

Two of me?

I can't remember how many times during parenthood when I've thought about how nice it would be to have 'two of me'.  I've thought about how handy it would be to have an extra set of hands and eyes and whatever else two of me might be able to do!

I feel like lately this concept has been becoming a reality as Jessalyn grows and matures into a completely awesome young lady.  It's not like she's constantly required to be cooking and cleaning and changing diapers but during times when I could use an extra hand she is usually more than willing to step in (often without me asking) to help with a task or two.  Whether it's getting Truett in his swimming clothes while I sunscreen the three other boys, or switch a load of laundry, or bake cookies for the "Calvary Cafe" (snacks between Sunday School and Church), or keep an eye on Tru while I shower quickly (or not so quickly!)....the list could go on and on.

She has a servants heart (more often than not) and has just been a joy to be around.

I say all of this because I'm proud of who she is and who she's becoming....and while I do hope that we can continue to foster these qualities, I am well aware that it is not us who is instilling them in her!  I am thankful that we were blessed with our girl!

0 comments: