Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Have I ever mentioned how cool our youth group is??


I haven't written anything here for a long time...again, not because I don't have anything to say, but because I have way too much going on and don't know where to start as far as blogging goes. I went downstairs today to take a picture of the Youth Group Christmas tree (so that I could make it into flair:) ) and I was reminded of the fact that we have the best youth group ever. I figured that would be a great thing to blog about today!

I have found many things that I love about each one of the teens that attend our youth group...and I have found many things that I love about them as a group as well. One thing that I love about them is that they have a pretty balanced temperment. They are definitely not obnoxious (most of the time!)...but at the same time they are not "too cool for school" either. This is a group of teenagers who loves to have fun..and don't mind being rediculously silly to do it. It really doesn't take much to entertain them. It seems like as long as they have each other they are pretty happy.

One of their favorite activies is "ultimate pookie"....or any game that involves the use of "pookie". We (Josh and I) admit to not having created the idea of ultimate pookie. This game has been handed down through the previous youth leader, Heath. "Pookie" is a stuffed animal that is used to play many games. He has become sort of a mascot for the youth. In Ultimate Pookie, "Pookie" is used in the same fashion as the frisbee would be. Pookie gets thrown around, fought over and ultimately thrown into a goal. Needless to say, there has been more than one pookie. Right now he is more affectionately known as "headless pookie" because his head got ripped off. (I do believe that his head is actually being used as the dry erase marker holder).

Last week the youth group had fun decorating a Christmas Tree for the youth room. Being the super cool creative youth group that that they are they thought of using 'headless pookie' as the angel on our Christmas tree. Genius really:) Not only that..but someone put the Santa hat on pookies headless body.

I can't wait till next Thursday when we have our Christmas party and Yankee swap!!!

4 comments:

# 9 said...

I miss my students...


and the pookies...

Nate, Megan, Naomi and Levi said...

It's about time! I've been checking your blog and wondering what happened to you. :) Your youth group sounds like a lot of fun!

Sharon said...

It is definitely an amazing group of teenagers.......how blessed we are at CBC to have all of them....

Amy said...

Sounds like a neat group and I like the pookie idea! Might have to steal it for ours.....:)

LOVE the tree top!