Wednesday, December 31, 2008

365 project anyone??

I'm sure many of you have heard of, or even know, people who have done what is called a "365 project". The idea is basically to post one picture every day either on a blog or on a photo site (like Flickr) for every day of the year. Most people choose themes to work with..whether it be 365 photos of their children, or self portraits...or any other creative themes you can come up with. I thought the self portrait idea was a really cool one..but I hate pictures of myself and would cringe at the thought of 365 pictures of me and my horrible eyebrows:)

The next best thing for me was the idea that I ever so creatively (that was sarcasm) titled "Mother's Hand". My plan is to take a picture of my hand doing any of the eleventy-billion things that it does on a daily basis. I don't know, maybe it will be boring? But, at the same time..it might be quite interesting if I were to actually finish the project and look back at all the stuff that my hands accomplished over the year! Who knows..maybe I will fail this project completely. My thought is that it shouldn't be hard to take a picture of my hands doing something every day..because they are ALWAYS doing something!

I was going to start on Jan 1st...but I figured, why not start early? I have done two days. I also considered not telling anyone about this until I had proven to myself that I would actually do it. I talked myself out of that quickly..realizing that I will need to know that people are holding me to this idea! I also thought it would be fun to talk a few of you into doing your very own!

Wouldn't it be cool to take all 365 pictures of my hands and turn them into one of those mosaic collages that photo places can make? We'll see if that actually happens.

Ok..so everyone think of what you are gonna do and be sure to share the link to the place where you are putting the pictures!

The link to my 365 blog.... Mother's Hand

5 comments:

Amy said...

I LOVE this idea!!! Now I have to think of something cool and creative!! It may take me 365 days to do it...but I think I might be able to figure something out! Very cool idea!! Love the two you have already!!

Kann said...

I'm in but I have to think of what my 365 will be...

Kann said...

I started mine..

Micah said...

Yeah. Great idea. I struggle with keeping up with my already neglected blog...nevermind making a new one! Good for you.

MoMologette said...

You know, my goal for a long time was to start this year off with my 365 and here it is rolling into the 4th and I haven't started yet. Arg. I will try to catch up although I don't have any creative "theme" to go on. Maybe my theme will be ....Invisible! hehehe...ok...maybe not.