Friday, January 2, 2009

A cute Owen story.

The other day the kids and I sat down to eat dinner (Josh was at a meeting). This night we had decided to eat pancakes for dinner and in trying to keep Owen occupied while I got it all out on the table I gave him a pancake sooner than everyone else. When we were ready to eat the three big kids instantly reached out to each other and were about to hold hands and pray..but I told them that we didn't need to hold hands tonight (because Owen was all sticky from having already eaten part of his pancake and he sits next to me!). Everyone was ok with this idea, so Jessalyn started to pray and I had my eyes closed when next thing I know I have this sticky little hand holding on to mine! It was so sweet (and sticky!)...but the fact that Owen knew that the normal routine would be to hold my hand while we pray and for him (at 20 months old) to recognize 'when' we are praying and what we are 'supposed' to do during the prayer made me happy!

...he almost always has the most enthusiastic "Amen" around our table. It sounds more like "mamen", but its pretty clear what his intentions are!

2 comments:

ReneeLynn03 said...

Omgosh that is just the sweetest more heartmelting thing ever!!!

Angela said...

I can't believe how big he is already! He's adorable!