Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Just a little trim.

We scheduled hair cuts for the boys (including Josh) last night. Luke and Owen wanted their 'regular' short cuts and Ethan decided that he wants to grow his hair out a bit longer. Shara trimmed Ethan's hair a bit..but otherwise left it to grow more. Ethan's hair has been buzzed short since he was about a year old so I am curious to know what it will do if we let it grow!

After the boys were done Shara said it was my turn:) I wasn't really planning a cut for myself, although I really needed it badly. My hair has been growing long for a LONG time. I can't remember the last haircut..maybe a trim before Shara's wedding last year (June)?

I had been thinking of going short again. I tend to do that...grow it out super long, the chop it all off. A very spur of the moment decision had me in the chair chopping probably close to 10 inches off my head. Fortunately I am not one to be emotionally attached to my hair. I could care less...it grows fast so if I happened to hate it (which I never do), then I know it would grow back. No big deal. The problem with choosing a hairstyle for me is that I don't want to have to do ANYTHING to it! I am terrible. I don't like blow drying, or styling..or any product really. At least, I don't want to have to rely on that every single day.

Even though Josh prefers my hair long (must be a guy thing), he encouraged me to cut it in a way that would be easy since we will be spending much time this summer in a tent, and swimming in a pool. He's such a good guy:)

So..after some snippety snip, a huge weight lifted off my shoulders and it FEELS GREAT. Don't you just love the feeling of having tons of hair cut off?! Then you get in the shower and you dump 4 times too much shampoo in your hand thinking you still have a ton of hair to wash. Then you try to wash and your hands don't know what to do without all the extra hair. Yeah..I think this is cool...but I love change in general so that might be why:)

So of course..a few pics to share:)

Luke was messing with my camera last week so I happen to have this picture of me with long hair....


I tried to snap a few of myself..the whole 'in the mirror' process...with my new cut..




I'm loving it:)

(funny that I happen to be wearing the same shirt in the before and after pics..although..considering I have like 3 shirts to choose from I suppose its not really the big of a coincidence! :) )

1 comments:

Dawn and the boys said...

WOW! It makes you look so much younger! I love it!