Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Buddies

A relationship like none other for this group of boys. They met when Daniel and Ethan were only a year old...then each of them got new little brothers...followed by one more brother for each of them! Karole-Ann and I like to coordinate our baby making (not really!).

These six boys spent much time together when they lived here in Meredith but a few years ago they moved away:( It was sad for all of us...but especially sad for the boys. But this move didn't affect their relationship at all. Even after all the time spent with friends at school or church..when asked about best buddies (while school and Church friends are listed too) Daniel, Andrew and Sammy are always number 1 on the list from my boys.

We were fortunate to spend much time with them this summer at camp and soulfest and then more camp. The sight of them running across the field to each other when we arrive is priceless...and then they are off and playing as if there was no time missed in between.

Although the boys spend much time all together, they do tend to pair off by age...Daniel and Ethan, Andrew and Luke and Sam and Owen. Its interesting to see the similar personalities of each of these pairs!

It has been fun to see them grow up....all six of them loving Jesus! I pray that each and every one of them will continue to hold each other accountable as they get older.

Karole-Ann and I had this idea of a little photo shoot with the boys. We came armed with denim and white t-shirts...going for a 'stand by me' type look. We prepped them...warning them that this occasion was going to happen and with the help of Cindy who was armed with brand new silly bands as a reward we were able to get them to cooperate. They actually seemed to enjoy themselves..while watching friend Brandon be silly behind the camera! We worked quickly..while battling the sun that kept creeping out from behind the clouds making our lives difficult.

When I look at these pictures from a photography perspective I can find myself frustrated by the details...ultimately, it was not the perfect time of day for this location. But! I still LOVE them..because we really did capture the personalities of the boys here and their friendships for sure. Just getting them all in one place at the same time was considered a victory...and then to get a few cute pictures of this special relationship is even better!

All of the 'keepers' are in an album on my website...but I will post a few of my faves here.















I couldn't decide which of these I like better of Sam and Owen!






1 comments:

Kann said...

You beat me! LOL! I just linked to your post instead!!!