Friday, October 5, 2012

Finding focus.

Well, I had a small amount of time today to play with  my camera....in decent light on a beautiful day.  Let's just say that I'm feeling much better about things already.  I think I'm figuring out which focus settings I like the best.

In the D7000 there are 39 focus points.  You can choose to use only 1 or you can choose to use them in chunks.  I finally figured out that using them in chunks for portrait type things is best...using about 9 focus points at a time.  And obviously for bigger landscape type pics I would use all 39.  I am enjoying how quickly and easily I can move from one setting to the other and didn't have a problem switching between people and landscape.

I still don't have the focus spot on...at least not enough of the time...but I'm closer!  I'm happy to be getting more focused pics than not at this point.

Here are a few from today.

I found a flower with a fall leaf on it...and then this little bee flew into the picture just in time:)


















I think after I get this focus issue figured out I'll move right into white balance...

0 comments: