Wednesday, March 26, 2008

What to write? What to write?

By the title of this post you might think that I have come up blank on what to write about when in reality, its just the opposite. I have several ideas in my mind and can't really decide on what I should post about next. I have stories from months ago that I thought would be appropriate here..but just haven't had the time to post them with everything else going on. I suppose this is a good thing.

For now I will leave you with yet another amusing (or maybe its only amusing to me??) story. I think those of you who have husbands who are completely oblivious while they are sleeping will appreciate this story. (I will say..that there are many things that my husband is wonderful about. He cooks..he cleans, he takes care of me well...but when he's asleep..he's asleep, and there is no changing that.)

During the time that Owen was sick he spent the nights in our bed..and this wasn't just nice snuggly cozy sleepy time..this was sleep for 10 minutes then fuss. Sleep for 10 more minutes then sit up...then use the wrecking ball (otherwise known as his head) to crack my nose as he flings himself back down into bed. It wasn't fun..but the poor guy was so sick that we had to feel bad for him.

I usually am aware enough to know that when the nuky (his pacifier) falls out of his mouth that I need to grab it or else it will be lost forever in the crevices of our bed. I think sometimes I do this without even knowing it and will wake up with it tucked nicely in my hand.

This particular instance it wasn't in my hand. Owen wakes up..and instead of his usual routine, fussing and then demolishing my nose, he was crying. It was all out crying and I couldn't get him to stop. I also couldn't find that stinking pacifier. At this point I had gotten completely out of bed with Owen screaming in my arms and I was desperately searching the bed for the Nuky. I looked under pillows, I shook the sheets, I looked everywhere and it wasn't to be found.

Meanwhile..Josh is snoozing away..completely unaware of my frustration and unaware of the screaming baby in his ear. He's all nicely snuggled up on his side of the bed. I decided that if he could sleep through that then I would just turn on the light..which wasn't pleasant for any of us. I still couldn't find it. I then decide that maybe it feel off the bed..between the wall and our heads. With Owen in my arms and Josh still in bed I start moving the bed around to see if it was down there.

FINALLY...after probably a good 10 minutes of this Josh rolls over and looks at me with the most annoyed look...like "what the heck are you doing? Why are the lights on?". I looked at him thinking "don't even DARE say a word" and then tell him that I can't find the STUPID NUKY and Owen has been crying (and yes, I did have an attitude at this point). Josh then..still without saying a word...reaches out his arm and opens his hand and hands over the nuky! Oh my goodness. I am both relieved..and TICKED at him at the same time.

I then said "Did you have this the whole time?" (probably with a bit of a raised voice and even more of an attitude) and he mumbles.."I don't know".

Yeah..its funny now.

So then, the next morning Josh wakes me up after his shower and the first thing he says to me is "I don't appreciate being yelled at in the middle of the night". (He wasn't being serious..just giving me a hard time). I was instantly steaming again..and then he made me laugh by making it clear that I should never ever turn the lights "on and off" and "shake the bed all over the place" in the middle of the night....because he was convinced the world was coming to an end.

Yeah, well everybody's world is going to end soon if this Mama doesn't start getting some sleep!!!! So there.

Well it makes for a good story. I think of a story that was told by Kann (over at The Life of D, A, and S). Long story short...one of her kids threw up all over her husbands back in the middle of the night. He didn't move..she cleaned him up and rolled him over and he didn't have a clue! Man, I wish I could sleep that soundly!

3 comments:

Kann said...

Ok that story just made my day!!!! I am having a good giggle over that one! I can see Josh now just handing it over and the look!!!! Oh our sleeping husbands!!

Anonymous said...

UGH!!! Did that really happen?! I haven't heard that story yet, K-Ann is holding out on me!!
Heath

Kristin said...

Ha ha. I thought should surely would have told you about it by now:) tee hee