Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I thought this was a great quote..

"Once you have the skill to elicit great photos from one camera, you can get them from any camera. It's like pianos: a 9-foot Bösendorfer may be better piano than the upright at the local bar, but if you can't play the piano, you won't get good music out of any of them. Anyone can bang on a piano and anyone can shoot a camera, but it takes an artist to get decent results from either one. The sad part is how many well-meaning people think photography is as simple as buying a camera.

Getting great pictures comes from knowing how to "play" your camera's settings and paying attention to the lighting. If you know what you're doing, you can do it on the D40."

-Ken Rockwell www.kenrockwell.com

So true. SO true!

1 comments:

Amy said...

LOVE IT!!!! So true! I'm finding that to be evident in my photography...I'd love to upgrade...but right now the D40 is doing GREAT! LOVE Ken Rockwell! I read his site almost daily!