Friday, June 6, 2008

Better than tv.


Luke is currently having a great time sitting in his jammas watching the excavator did up rocks in our backyard. (They tore off the old rotting back deck!!!)

The other day I had the opportunity to babysit Baby John again. We had a good day. He is 7.5 months old or so and is tiny...but yet, SO mobile!! Its funny. I think he might walk by 9 months..thats my guess anyway. He is crawling all around and pulling up on stuff and just has great balance.

I dug out the double stroller from the garage...and when I say 'dug' I mean 'dug'. Anyone who has seen my garage lately will know what I mean. Between our own piles of junk there are many boxes and bags and stuff piled in there full of clothes to go to Honduras and other areas...then there are motorcycles that are parked in there...and tools...

Anyway..I managed to find the double jogger and then managed to drag the ginormous thing out of there. It was good because it made for the perfect thing for me to do with all the kids. We took a nice little walk down to the docks and the kids were happy...at least at first. Unfortunately, after a while Baby John only wanted to be held and wasn't happy in the stroller. He cried for most of the walk home but fortunately he has a pretty little cry (compared to my kids) so it didn't really bother me at all. Owen wasn't really impressed though. He was stuck next to the screaming baby and by the end both of them were screaming. As we walked up the hill to my house the older three kids decided that they would join in with some fake crying. It was a parade of screaming kids. I'm sure our neighbors loved us:) I thought it was kind of funny.

Baby John was fine once we got back. He just didn't want to be in the stroller I guess...which for me is weird because all four of my kids could be screaming and freaking out and a trip in a stroller would instantly fix the problem! It proves just how different every kid is!





While we were on the way we walked through the Mill to see the waterfall...the kids love this. I have never seen the waterfall this dried up since we've lived here!!! If you remember...this is what it looked like in April...


...and this is what it looked like yesterday...


The sign at the fire station that usually says fire danger either "moderate", "severe" or whatever said something to the affect of "no outside burning whatsoever" the other day. The rain that we have gotten the last two days is much appreciated! My flowers are happy...and the four sunflower seeds that the kids planted are sprouting too!!!

5 comments:

Becky said...

Can I just say....you take GREAT pictures!! You always seem to get "just the right moment" caught on film :)

And, yes, I can totally relate the the "contagious" crying. Having twins, I know that once one cries it usually means the other one will start at any moment too. Glad you made it home in one piece.

# 9 said...

I cant believe how big John is!!!! WOW! So no back deck no huh? I need to see pictures!!

# 9 said...

Opps ok that was me K-ann on the comment before but I am on #9's computer.... just to clarify!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
# 9 said...

Whoa, I went to comment and saw that I had commented twice already! But that's not me! Anyway, never leave your laptop where your wife can get at it. I gotta see pics of the new "decklessness!"