Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A five and three year old take on Bike Week.

While driving in the car Ethan, Luke and I had this little conversation.

Luke: "Mummia? Why are we going this way?"
Me: "We're going to pick up Sissy from school."
Luke: "But we have to go the other way to go around all the bikes."
Me: "Oh! Bike week is over now, Luke. See how you don't see any motorcycles?"
Luke: "So now its car week, mama?"
Me: (giggles) "yeah."
Ethan: "Mumma? Its good mumma, that its over mumma. mumma? Mumma?.
Me: yes Ethan
Ethan: "Cuz mumma? Now I can sleep mumma."

(for anyone who's had conversations with Luke and Ethan you will recognize the "mummia" from Luke. Lately he's been in constant whine mode..so Mama ends in MamIA. When Ethan talks to me he says "mama" every other word..and I have to respond to him or else he will say "Mama mama...." until I do! Drives me insane!)

2 comments:

Amy said...

I hear you on the whine....

Bike week...so cool...I love to watch motorcycles...but terrified to be on one!

Kann said...

Now I can sleep!! I hear ya!! I remember those days!!! Now we have a train!!!