Sunday, April 13, 2008

Birthday Party!

We finally had Owens party today. It was actually a very nice little party. We kept it very simple. Its so easy for us to go crazy with inviting people...because there are so many people that are 'key' in our lives, especially the lives of our kids! I have been finding that the I enjoy parties much more when we keep them simple. It makes it possible for me to focus more of my time on the birthday kid rather than entertaining a bunch of other people. I figure..at some point they are going to insist on having their friends and until then I am going to make it nice and easy on myself!

Owen could care less about opening his gifts. The highlight of his party for him was most definitely the cake! We knew it would be. Owen eats like crazy and we just knew he would devour the cake. He didn't let us down. It was fun to watch him, he enjoyed every bite of it. He let very little go to waste.

He loves it when you sing happy birthday to him. He will stop what he's doing and laugh and dance and try to sing along. It was too cute. He knew it was special and he got right into it!

I have pictures...and video.

Paul and Dona-Lynn got him the little Cars chair..and Paul made him the birthday poster. It was too cute.



Josh and Owen both got cool Red Sox hats (to match the ones that Ethan, Luke and Jessalyn already have!)...here is Owen checking out Josh's hat..






Video of gift opening...


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Video of cake eating...

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

4 comments:

Kann said...

I love the poster from Uncle Pauly! We knew Owen liked to eat but man he was awesome with that cake!!!

I glad you guys got to have a small party and enjoy such a special time with Owen(and Josh!)

I'll be praying for you this week as Josh is gone! Call if you need something!!(even if I am 80 miles away!)lol!

Becky said...

How cute!! I LOVE the video of him eating cake. I hope you guys had a great time this weekend :)

Teachermom said...

So sweet - it looks like he thoroughly enjoyed the birthday singing, and the cake! :)

Happy 1st Birthday, Owen!

Anonymous said...

Very Cute!! I think next time you will have to put a mic on him so you can hear him cause you of coarse have the two most energetic people at CBC over. DL and PaPa. :) lol

Happy Birthday OWEN!!!!