Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My mom found a gem...

She was going through some old stuff when she found a poster that I made when I was in third grade. It was poison prevention week at school and we had to enter a poster indicating some ideas for poison prevention into a contest. I remember this quite clearly and I specifically remember winning the competition. I got to go with my mom to a banquet at the local hospital and it was quite a big deal.

We had a real good laugh while looking at the poster that I won with.

I took pictures of each part of the poster. I hope that this will do it justice..


(Bathroom: "Keep cabinet doors locked")


(Living Room: "Do not leave cigarets out on a table" with pictures labeled "cigarats" and "ashtray")


(Kitchen: "Do not leave detergent out" with a pictured labeled "ALL")


(Bedroom: "Don't leave purfume or lipstick out on a desk" With pictures labeled "purfume" and a mirror with drawings labeled "pictures" on the corners.)

And I save the BEST for last.


(Kitchen: "Do not leave boose or things on the table")

Funny how times have changed. I actually WON with this poster!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Funny!!! Can you imagine what "authorities" would be called if our kids made something like that today? Funny how times have changed.

Kann said...

That is so true!! They would be calling DHHS saying you had a an unfit house!!! LOL! I still love the booze one!