Monday, April 28, 2008

Summertime teaser and a wonderful phenomenon...

Last week was a tease of what summer is going to be like! Jessalyn was off from school and the weather was beautiful. We had a super fun week out at the parks, visiting with Nana, visiting with Karen, having friends over for BBQ's....just having a genuine good time. Now, we are back to reality...with cooler temps and a schedule revolving around school. Only a couple months and we will be into summer for real. We have so many things planned for this summer. I'm sure we won't have time for it all..but we will try our best!

A few pics from the week..











It is nice to have Josh back home..actually, "nice" is an understatement. The trip was good for him in so many ways and he is ready to pack up the entire family and move down there for good. I'd go in two seconds!

So..onto the "wonderful phenomenon"....

Many times over the course of the last couple of weeks I have had this most wonderful happy CONTENT feeling...and the thought of NOT having any more kids comes to my mind! The best part about this feeling is that it comes out of a fun time or happy moment..not out of frustration and overwhelmed moments. Things that the kids are doing and are into...and things that Owen is doing are making me think that I might just be done with the whole baby stuff! This is truly a happy feeling..I get such a sense of relief when I feel this way.

I honestly never thought that I would EVER feel like I am done having kids and the fact that it has been happening is bringing me much peace. Of course, I can totally talk myself out of it in two seconds..but the fact that these thoughts are in there somewhere is a GOOD sign! They keep popping up in my mind more and more frequently.

So..we'll see where this takes us! I'm still not quite ready for permanent decisions...but I think I might be closer to that idea!

In the meantime I will continue to enjoy my "baby" who is hardly a baby anymore! He's a total toddler now and with that is bringing so much personality and fun!





1 comments:

Becky said...

Looks like you had a great time! I love that park in moultonboro...we go there a lot in the summer too. Little Owen is getting so big!

I felt the same way about having more kids after Hailey was born. I didn't feel that way after the twins were born, I guess I knew I wanted more someday. After Hailey, though, I had that "content" feeling that you are having. It's kind of nice, but a little sad at the same time. I know for certain that I don't want any more kids, however sometimes I still think about what it would be like to have another baby. Then I snap back to reality :) No more for me, I'm happy with what I have. I, too, always thought I would have many, MANY kids.