Friday, April 18, 2008

Fun in the sun...

I don't have a specific story to share today. We've been busy enjoying the sunshine this week. Its funny because I can be a bit of a neat freak about my house...but absolutely LOVE the look of kids who have been playing outside in the summer! I love their dirty feet, dirty faces, dirty clothes. I love how tired they get after playing outside all day..and then having a nice bath in the evening and having them crash in their beds from exhaustion. Of course, bath time during the summer involves lots of the "Don't wash my boo-boo"...but we work that out:)

Yesterday felt like one of those days for all of us. I was busy raking and making the front yard at least a little bit better looking. There is still tons of work to do..but I try to take it one chunk of property at a time and hopefully then won't get overwhelmed. I'm almost done raking the front..and then will move onto the side...and then hopefully by then all the snow will be gone in the back.

Of course, the kids enjoy the time that I'm outside because then they are outside too. Ethan and Luke run around pretending they are super heroes or Transformers or something. They love the stone wall between our property and the neighbors...its proving for quite a few bumps and bruises, but they're boys so its just par for the course I suppose. Owen still hasn't figured out that he can move outside..which is quite nice for me right now. It won't be long and I will be chasing him all over trying to save his life before he jumps off the wall into the driveway or heads down the concrete steps. Until then I will get as much work done as possible..and then will have to save the work for his naps.



Trying to decide which "Mini-Con" to "pew" (for some reason instead of saying "shoot" my boys say "pew")



Its getting there..


The rocks are hard to clean up..there is SO much leaves and gunk in there.


Then we had a nice little "Pipmic" (as Luke calls it) for lunch..


So next week is school vacation. I think I'm gonna have "Jessalyn Week" on my blog...you know, like "Shark Week" on Discovery Channel. I think by reading this blog it might appear like I only have three kids. Poor Jessalyn is at school all day and often misses out on all these little "daily life" stories. Starting on Monday its going to be "Jessalyn Week" so look forward to entries specifically about her each day!

2 comments:

Amy said...

It looks so warm...but the mounds of snow in the background throw me off! I can't wait to read about Jessalyn...she is getting so big!!

Kann said...

Oh the rocks and those leaves!!!! That was the part I hated most!!! The front yard looks great! Josh will be so proud when he gets back!!!

Yippee for school vacation! I think this is the first time in a long time that our schools actually have the same week off! Weird! Enjoy your week with Jesselyn!