Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I have some fun things to blog about...

a couple of funny stories and such...but I just don't have time to sit down and do it right now.

Until then, I will leave you all with a picture I couldn't help but take yesterday while we were at Walmart.

This is my view while shopping...and this was MINUS a kid (who was at school at the time).



No wonder I can't seem to find the "good deals". I can hardly see passed my cart!

My friend Karen and I were having this discussion about how she went grocery shopping without her kids and swears to have saved at least $50. I completely believe that. Josh gives me a hard time about how I practically run down the isle and grab the first thing that remotely resembles what I need. I am notorious for getting the wrong thing...like grabbing the sodium free Ritz (which just don't taste like regular Ritz!) or getting SEEDED rye bread rather than SEEDLESS (which we prefer). The thing is that when you shop with 3 or 4 (or any really) kids your time is quite limited and at ANY moment the meltdowns can begin. Its best to get in and out as quickly as possible..and if that means spending an extra $100 on the WRONG stuff then SO BE IT!

4 comments:

Kann said...

AMEN!!! I totally agree! I am lucky if I make it out with the things I am suppose to even if it on a list!

MoMologette said...

Ok, first I LOVE the picture...especially the matching hats, LOL!! And secondly...I totally agree! The things I do to keep my kids happy and entertained while shopping...sheesh! Usually I just forget alot of things rather than but the wrong stuff though. And that rots cause it just means another trip some other time.

Anonymous said...

LOVE that photo!

Anonymous said...

I usually resort to food bribery...it's not out of the question for two or three packages to be open by the time we make it to the checkout! I totally feel your pain on this, and I only have one little one to shop with!