Tuesday, April 1, 2008

There are so many jokes to play today..

I have SO many in my mind..but I just can't bring myself to do any of them! I am not mean enough. I wish I was.

I remember the day that my stepfather did the old 'salt in the sugar bowl' trick. I took one bite of my frosted flakes that were covered in what I thought was sugar and was so surprised by it that I cried. Yeah. Thats what I do when I'm surprised by something..I cry. I hardly EVER cry... my family says "She's as cold as ice"...its kind of true. You are almost guaranteed to get some tears out of me if you startle me..and apparently when you put salt in the sugar bowl.

The kids are beginning to realize the phenomenon of what happens when you scare me..and they (Ethan especially) are getting quite good at hiding on me. A month or so ago I had told the boys to head upstairs to their beds and I was coming right behind them to tuck them in. Luke had to go potty first so I headed up first..or so I thought. The room was dark..only the light of the hallway was in the room. I picked up a few things from the floor and started putting them in the toy box when I saw the slightest glimmer...and at a closer look I realized it was ETHAN laying so quietly IN the toy box waiting to scare the CRAP out of me! He was so proud..and I was laughing and crying all at the same time, and at the same time found myself proud of him for pulling that off! All this time I thought HE was afraid of the dark. Little stinker.

He has since gotten me a few other times and he thinks its hilarious. It kind of is.

So if only I could pull off the tricks I have in my mind on April Fools Day. I can't. How fun would it be to put up a picture of a positive pregnancy test?? Yeah..fun. But no, I can't do it.

I'm supposed to pick up Sara from school today. I have this whole plan worked up in my mind to call her mom like an hour later and tell her I forgot her. Its too cruel..I just can't. So in the meantime I suppose I will just leave myself open to receive the cruelty of all the people who actually can pull this stuff off..because knowing my husband I will likely be the brunt of some kind of joke.

We'll see....

2 comments:

Becky said...

I'm the same way!! So many ideas, but then I think how "cruel" some of them really could be...and I just can't bring myself to do them. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to be the one who gets the tricks played on. I AM an easy target :)

Kann said...

LOL! I had an old + pregnancy test that I was thinking of taking a picture of and posting! I just couldn't bring myself to do it!